Monday 11 March 2013

A Dream: That None Should Perish

A few weeks ago I had a dream that I wanted to write about, but it's been a busy time, I hadn't had much time to write. Booohooo....so I'm taking advantage of these few minutes on this quiet Monday March Break week Morning. Tee hee.

I was dreaming one night that I was somewhere very high, maybe I was on a cloud, but all I remember is my view. I could see the city, the buildings, the cars, like you can see them when you are on a really high roller coaster. Than I could see my daughter, from so high up I could tell it was her. My daughter is 3 years old. I could see her walking on the streets on her own, not knowing where she was going, not knowing what she was doing. I could see the danger her life was in and I would shout and scream her name so that she would avoid, the ongoing traffic around her. I was scared for her life, in fear of a car hitting her. As much as I screamed, she could not hear me. I then attempted to scream and call out the people that were around her, so that they could help her and guide her home, but no one seemed to notice that she was around, no one seemed to see or even care the danger that this child was confronting. I remember feeling helpless and in despair in the dream because I could not do anything to save my child, I was stuck at this height and could not go down.

When I awaken from the dream, the first thought that came to my mind, was "That is exactly How God Feels, That is Exactly How God Loves". I understood it was a God given dream, not just a nightmare. In scripture God compares HIS love for humanity like how a Parent loves his child, of course He being God, His love is much greater than what we could ever comprehend, but if you are a parent, you can relate on how strong that kind of Love could be.

This world, as my daughter in the dream, is so lost in their paths, they are following a path that leads to death and destruction. As much as God calls people in many different ways, people harden their hearts and choose to ignore his call. Or they may hear him but because they have never known God they are not sure how to respond to Him. Than God tries to reach these souls through us, the witnesses of his Love, the born-again people, the people who have experienced his presence, the people who know the truth and He calls out to us, so that we can guide these people who are so lost, in danger and in trouble, but at times we are so caught up with our lives and our troubles that we don't hear the voice of God calling us to speak of His name, to the needy people of this world. We are Christians and are proud of knowing the truth, but that's it. We keep this great truth, this great hope, this great doctrine, to ourselves either because we don't want to go through trouble, because we are scared of what they will say, or simply because "because", no real excuse. Sometimes we are so focus on our troubles, on our circumstances we lose focus of the bigger picture, WE HAVE GOD to help us in our time of need, the WORLD does not and because they don't have any hope, many choose that path of suicide as a way to end it all. Sometimes we are even so busy arguing, fighting and competing against each other, "the chosen" that we even fail to see those around us that need GOD so much.

If I could in this moment, inspire you to feel a burden for those souls of this earth, that are empty, that are in fear, that don't feel love, that feel anxiety, that don't have direction, that need to be shown the way to Escape death and hell.  That we may feel that same anguish that God feels for humanity.That we may make the sacrifice that He made on that cross, everyday more worth it as more souls are pulled out of hell and headed to heaven. That we may take a moment to refocus, to put things into true perspective to LOVE as GOD has loved us. Think about how your life could have been like, if someone, hadn't dedicated time to you and ensured you were on the right path to salvation. Think about how your life could have been if someone didn't see the potential in you, if someone didn't see, with faith who you could become in the kingdom of heaven. Every soul is worth it to God, no matter how ugly, no matter how sinful, God can forgive and those people can become a great blessing and inspiration to the church as they share the GREAT things the Lord did in their lives.

May we remember His dream, that None should Perish. May we rejoice when a sinner comes to Christ, wherever it may be, in our church, their church, any church around this globe! They are souls for JESUS AND ARE BEING SAVED FROM HELL. Rejoice with the LORD.


"Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Luke 15:10

"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9


No comments:

Post a Comment