Wednesday 2 January 2013

What I'm Thankful For From 2012

I must say I had a great holiday season, spent it with family and church family! It was really one of the greatest new years we've had as a church family. Because we didn't have our own church building (we sold our previous one) we hadn't really had our normal end of year celebrations for 3 winters in a row! We all missed it. We bought our new church building in the summer, so this year we went all out. We had alot of fellowship and alot of fun. You could see the joy in everyone's faces. I'm so thankful for what God has done at our church.

I'm thankful for alot of the things God gave me in 2012, good and bad because from everything we learn and grow. I'm thankful for the simple things (which are not so simple!) like a family to love, a place to live, eyes to see etc. But as I meditate on last years events, one of the major things I'm thankful for is our newly aquired Church building. Now, I know it's just a building, but there are many reasons why I'm thankful for it. I'm thankful for it because 1) working towards the goal, united us as a church more than we could have ever imagined, 2) it increased our faith, because their were things during the process that truthfully only God could have made possible, and really, obtaining a building like we did was only an "in your dreams" type of thing, because of the location itself 3) because it has open doors to do more things for the glory of God and the growth of his church and 4) because the church is in such a strategic area (the area we really desired!) that people have been coming to the church just from seeing our church sign alone.

Truthfully, obtaining this church building was a dream come true for many of our members. And with this new blessing, God has provided us a new vision, new passion, a new love for the growth of his church. I see the brethen working with love and passion and that is truly inspiring to me. Also, seeing my Pastors overjoyed about what God is doing also makes me happy. They have endure alot of heartaches during their years of ministry and I feel like they deserve this blessing so much.

Like I said, I'm thankful for a lot of things, but what we've achieved out of this new church building are memories, experiences and growth with God which I will never forget.

Our lovely church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment