Monday 28 January 2013

The Biggest Loser: Week 4

TheJavaMama


So it's that time again.

Progress:

I'm down 1.5 pounds from last week - for a total of 7 pounds in 3 weeks of this madness (HA!), my short-term goal is 20 so I'm getting there! Longterm goal is 35.

Last week was another rough week for me, it was really cold in this part of the world and I wasn't feeling too great - Health wise, so both things got to me. I really dislike being cold. lol...my blood is tropical. All I wanted to do when I got home was cuddle up in bed with warm blankets, however, I did manage to get 2 workouts during the week, despite not feeling too great and it paid off. :)

I must say I'm impressed with my water consumption, I've been able to do more than 8 glasses a day and don't even realize it.

Things I struggled with:

Getting motivated to workout, since like I said  a few things drained me out. But I started looking at that dress I really want to wear again and that helped. LOL...

Cravings for fast/junk food. I've been pretty good at staying away from the fast food, but last week I was craving everything (it was that TOM), from burgers, to poutines, to pizza, to chocolate! OH boy it was hard not to sink in, but I didn't! I try to stock up on low-fat/healthy snacks at home and at work, to keep me full and stop my cravings. I also try to re-create lower fat versions of my favs like pizza and poutines. lol...and it works! I have those for lunch, for exampe a baked whole wheat tortilla with a light sauce and light mozarella cheese and add a side garden salad. I'm trying to have a heavy lunch and really light dinners. It's been working for me.

Things that motivate me:

Maybe y'all could use similar things as motivation.

-Looking at pictures of myself of the weight I want to be at again.
-The sweet hubs is taking me to Buffalo for a shopping trip in a few weeks - I want to have lost a few more pounds to buy some new clothes!
-Looking at clothing in my closet that I used to wear and would love to wear again.
-Thinking about the weight you already lost and how much more you will lose if you keep going!!

I think that's about all I have to say for today! Hope you had a great week. :) We can do this.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on your 1.5 lbs loss! Thats great. You on on a great road to your 20 lb short term goal. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clothes as motivation is a great idea. I got rid of most of my old clothing, but I am too old to pull off most of that stuff anyways. HAHA Good work this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go...and I refuse to buy more clothes until I can at least fit into some I already have! But that is great motivation and you are doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete